Cracking CLAT is one of the cherished dreams for aspiring law candidates. It is necessary to score well in the CLAT exam to get a seat in a good law college. It is obvious to be overwhelmed while preparing for the CLAT exam. If you are an aspiring CLAT person, developing a CLAT preparation strategy is not too early. Also, there are a lot of websites that have study material that helps candidates prepare for the CLAT exam. We have listed down a few tips that might help in preparing for CLAT exam 2022:
- Start Preparing Early: There is no tomorrow when you prepare for the CLAT exam. You don’t have to procrastinate and start preparing to enter the top law college. When you prepare early, you get time for revisions and thoroughly grasp all the concepts.
- Study Routine: Candidates preparing for CLAT should have a well-planned study plan. Candidates should study approximately six to seven hours a day to complete the vast syllabus in a few months. It is recommended that candidates complete the CLAT syllabus two months before the actual exam date. This gives candidates time to solve mock test papers and revise important topics at the end.
- Know Exam Pattern: Candidates can know the exam pattern by checking the previous year’s CLAT question papers. The candidates need to be prepared and updated about the exam pattern because the exam preparation can be done accordingly.
- Handwritten Notes: While studying for CLAT 2022 exam, it is mandatory to simultaneously make notes. Writing notes while studying from online material helps in easy preparations. Candidates can write down important topics, points, or flow charts so that these notes become handy during the revision.
- Improve Reading Skills: Candidates who prepare for CLAT know that the exam is lengthy with many complex passages. High-speed reading and reading between the lines will help quickly solve the paper. Good reading skills help complete the exam when candidates appear to attempt the paper. So, candidates who’ll be appearing in CLAT 2022 can work on their reading skills. Candidates can make reading a habit by reading English newspapers, journals, editorials, legal documents, etc.
- Solving Mock Test and Papers: Candidates should solve as many CLAT question papers as possible after completing the syllabus. These sample papers and mock tests help understand the exam’s difficulty. It also helps in knowing the question trends and other important aspects of the paper. Plus, candidates can also know their speed by solving mock test papers.
- Current Affair Preparation: CLAT preparation is incomplete without being thorough with current affairs. Candidates should at least study for seven to eight months on the current topics. Candidates should cover politics, economics, international relations, environmental, India’s foreign relations, and government schemes in current affairs.
- English Preparation: The CLAT 2022 exam comprises an English section with a minimum of 5 to 6 comprehensions. These questions could be fiction, non-fiction, and stories taken from newspapers and journals. The candidates should be good with grammar skills and be thorough with the vocabulary. They should have command over phrases and idioms because it gives an upper hand while solving the comprehension.
1 . What subjects should be chosen to study for the CLAT 2022 exam?
Candidates should study legal aptitude, current affairs, English, general knowledge, logical reasoning, and maths for CLAT 2022 exam.
2 . How many questions are in the CLAT exam?
There are about 150 objective-type questions in the CLAT paper.
3 . Does solving a sample paper before appearing for the CLAT exam helps?
Sample papers help the speed and understanding of the kind of questions candidates can expect in the exam.
Download CLAT question paper 2022 at https://www.shiksha.com/law/clat-exam-question-papers